Our good colleague Dr. Tingxiu Wang, of Texas A&M University at Commerce, is encouraging more colleges and universities to participate in SCUDEM. His department is offering a workshop on SCUDEM at Texas A&M University-Commerce in Commerce, TX on Friday, August 31, 2018. Contact him at Tingxiu.Wang@tamuc.edu and see enclosed invitation for complete details.
Student Competition Using Differential Equation Modeling (SCUDEM) is organized by SIMIODE (Systemic Initiative for Modeling Investigations and Opportunities with Differential Equations). Please visit https://www.simiode.org/ for information about SIMIODE and SCUDEM. The next competition, SCUDEM III 2018, will take place on October 27, 2018.
To encourage more colleges and universities to participate in SCUDEM, a workshop on SCUDEM will be held at Texas A&M University-Commerce in Commerce, TX on Friday, August 31, 2018.
This workshop is free. To help prepare sufficient food and workshop materials, please RSVP by Monday, August 20, 2018.
Where: Sam Rayburn Student Center
Texas A&M University Commerce
Commerce, TX 75429
• 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Arrival
• 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Overview of SIMIODE and SCUDEM
• 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Coach panel discussion about recruiting and coaching students.
Dr. Minchul Kang, Texas A&M University-Commerce
Dr. WaiYuen Chan, Texas A&M University-Texarkana
• 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Student panel discussion about preparation and work for competition
• 11:00 AM – 11:15 AM: Minibreak
• 11:15 AM – 11:45 AM: Overview of the Math Bowl, activities for math clubs
• 11:45 AM – 12:15 PM: Overview of competition materials for faculty teaching and development
• 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM: Lunch
• 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM: Discussion on collaboration for grant solicitation
RSVP: Please contact Ms. Leanne Farquhar, Leanne.Farquhar@tamuc.edu, 903-886-5972.
For questions: Please contact Dr. Tingxiu Wang, Tingxiu.Wang@tamuc.edu, 903-886-5958.